Hobart Cres. is located in the Ottawa (Nepean) community of
Trend-Arlington, which lies east of Cedarview Rd or Hwy 416 and
west of Greenbank Rd. The neighbourhood is only accessible from
Greenbank Rd south of Baseline Rd and north of Hunt Club West. View the vicinity and regional
page to get an orientation.
The directions – start here!
If you know the way to Greenbank Rd, just use the local directions
page instead of this page.
assumes you are driving from the Champlain Bridge, otherwise refer
more comprehensive route directions and maps at
The vicinity and
maps page is useful in following these
These directions below
incorporate useful nearby land marking information not
provided by other online map/direction sources. In any case, the usual driving directions
any specified address
and Hobart Cres. are also available at www.maps.Google.ca.
Note that for addresses
along Hobart, Google is off by as much as 100 meters.
Contact author of these directions by .
to Hobart Cres from the Champlain Bridge
- On the Champlain Bridge stay the in the right lane as you
approach the Ottawa end of the bridge
- Before the traffic lights, keep right to exit onto the
Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway
- Follow the parkway. It turns left (south) away from the
river and passes under an overpass
- Keep right to exit and merge onto Carling Avenue (westbound)
- Within the next few blocks on Carling
Avenue move over to the left through lane
- Just past the Richmond Rd intersection, take one of the left
turn lanes onto Pinecrest Rd (south)
- Pinecrest Rd magically becomes Greenbank Rd
as you pass over Queensway Hwy 417
- You pass traffic lights at Iris, Lisa, Baseline Rd
and another one at Harrison St. (right side) & Ashgrove Cr (left
- Pass under the (one and only) overpass on
Greenbank Rd (It's for a railway.)
- At the next traffic lights, turn right onto Banner Rd
- If you come to Greenbank Square shopping center on the
right, you missed Banner Rd three intersections before!
- Continue on Banner Rd past the stop and a left
bend. It becomes McClellan Rd and narrows
after Paula Cr
After Cramer Cr (left side) and Grady Cr (right side), Hobart Cr. is
a right turn off of McClellan Rd.
- If you reach a stop sign while on McClellan
Rd, you just passed Hobart!
Locate the Hobart address #.
If the driveway is full, street parking is
legal only on the odd numbered side
Hobart Cres to Champlain Bridge
- Facing the street, from
an even address turn
left, from an odd address turn right
the end of Hobart, turn left onto McClellan Rd.
- Continue on McClellan, it widens and becomes Banner Rd.,
pass a right curve and a stop sign.
- Banner ends at the traffic lights. Turn left (north) onto
- Head past major intersection at Baseline Rd and pass over Queensway
- Approaching Richmond Rd stay in the right lane and turn right
onto Richmond Rd.
- Stay in the right lane approaching Carling Ave. and turn right
onto Carling Ave.
Stay in the right lane.
Note that you happen to be following the red maple leaf on blue
Just past Lincoln Fields/Heights Galleria (at
Connaught) the right lane almost seems to
end before the bridge.
Regardless,stay in the right lane following the
maple leaf sign as you take the blind right exit onto
(aka Sir John A. Macdonald)
- The Parkway will take you to the intersection for the
Champlain Bridge at Island Park Dr