Gord Baldock 32 Hobart Cres. Nepean ON K2H 5S4
(613) 820-5585 fax: 820-7200 email@example.com
Extensive experience in program management, product management, and development process management in a leading edge technology environment. Concentration in the implementation and improvement of product development processes in high technology. I have also consulted in the innovative application of electronic processes to facilitate meetings and business processes. Currently I am serving as a versatile handyman to homes and small businesses.
· Expert in methods to manage meetings, processes and program/project decisions;
· Broad experienced in business system management roles;
· Expertise in technical and managerial aspects of
software product development lifecycle (e.g. objectives, planning, risk
management, specifications, development, verification, delivery, deployment,
· Excellent in managing and delivering complex programs, processes, and documentation on time with excellent quality;
· Experienced in implementing ISO 9001 and various quality initiatives;
· Fluent English communication in all media;
· Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel;
· Team oriented – open collaborative working style;
· Adept at learning and applying technical skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills as a team member, team leader, and supervisor;
· Innovative and objective problem solving skills;
· Responsive and adaptable to changing circumstances;
· Excellent focus on customer and deliverables;
· Works well under pressure, dependable, maintains positive attitudes.
President & Owner 2005-present
Currently providing handyman services to homes and small businesses. Versatile in scope of services and notably a practical problem solver for clients. Since April 2008, the Ottawa franchisee for Kwik Kloset subcontracts all installations to myself. I’m well prepared and equipped to assure quality and value in improvements, installations and repairs. I also provide computer and network support services to small businesses and individuals. I also support the non-ecommerce web sites that I have developed.
Hardware Associate 2005
Retail customer service as a peak season employee in the hardware department.
President & Owner 2002-2004
Meeting facilitation services consulting. The customized application of electronic processes to clients’ varied meeting and decision process requirements was a noteworthy distinction from other suppliers of facilitation services.
Business Management System Development & Assurance 1998-2000
Within the Carrier Solutions Technology group in Ottawa, an organization that encompassed approximately 1600 product developers and support personnel –
· Researched, analyzed and planned upcoming implementation of a new quality standard for the telecommunication industry (TL 9000);
· Implemented internal and external quality audit program associated with ISO 9001 registration. Reduced audit effort within the organization by 75%. Team was nominated for an excellence award.
· Developed and deployed improvements and simplifications to the business management system.
Software Process Engineer 1997-1998
Within the Public Carrier Networks group, an organization that encompassed approximately 2000 software developers and support personnel –
· Team lead for key initiatives in software development process and quality improvements;
· Achieved productivity improvements leading to cost savings in excess of one million dollars per year;
· Initiated and developed a new suite of documentation standards and templates for use by all product development stakeholders and customers. Successfully deployed world wide without reported defects;
· Established baseline prerequisites for migrating the DMS development environment to new technologies;
· Demonstrated initiative, commitment, project management, change management, multi-site and multi-disciplinary teamwork;
· Included early Y2K readiness initiatives.
Product Management Process Evolution Prime 1996-1997
Responsible for evolving product management and development processes that were successfully deployed throughout Nortel’s switching products divisions –
· Led a multi-site and multi-disciplinary team that evolved high level design and documentation processes;
· Developed and deployed the Unified Development Release processes for content management. This initiative measurably improved capability maturity, and greatly reduced the ongoing program management costs.
· Implemented process and toolset changes that enabled iterative development cycles within software release cycles, while reducing cross-impact risks between separate development projects. This reduced the time to market and improved product quality.
Platform Development Release Management Process Specialist 1993-1995
· Established release management processes and tracking tools for new product development programs.
· Directed several initiatives in the implementation and improvement of product management processes and tools, such as program control databases and reporting tools.
Bell Northern Research 1974-1993
Held various program/project management roles within the switching systems development organizations. Key accomplishments focused on: managing program release content and development progress, developing and implementing associated processes, release documentation, metrics, databases and reporting tools. Responsible prime for implementation of several development process change initiatives.
Education and Professional Development
Business Administration, Honours Management, Algonquin College - 1974
Management Transition – 1982
Leadership & communication skills – various
Project Management – various
Problem solving & decision making – various
UNIX – various
C programming – various
Pascal Programming – 1981
Telecommunications technologies – various
ISO 9001 & Process Improvement
Software Quality Assurance
Business Management Assessment (Baldridge)
Meetingworks Advanced Training
Software & Applications
Meetingworks (meeting and decision support software suite)
Collaborate 101 (web based groupware for editing outlines or conducting surveys)
Microsoft & Corel office suites
Databases: GERM (Nortel in house proprietary), Filemaker PRO, Access
Adobe: FrameMaker+SGML, Acrobat Professional
CP/CMS (batch, EXEC, REXX, Script)
PLS (Nortel’s Program Library System)
Web site development & management : NetObjects Fusion, Expression Web, TopStyle 3, etc.
Graphics: Photoshop, Jasc Paint Shop Pro, Corel Draw suite, etc.
Unix: C, shell script, PERL
Hewlett Packard 9000 series UNIX workstations
Unix Apache & Windows servers
Honeywell Ademco Vista Security System Programming
I apply leadership, policy, program and teaching skills in the volunteer community.
Over the years I have held positions in:
· Ottawa YM-YWCA Board of Directors
· Ottawa Y Canoe-Camping Club (executive, leader, instructor)
· Ottawa Valley Golden Retriever Club executive
· National Capital Coalition for People and Dogs (co-founder & co-chair)
· Ontario Recreational Canoe Association (lake water & white water instructor)
· Christian Service Brigade (Youth leadership)
· Project 4000 Refugee group executive
· Canadian Ski Patrol